Did you ever dream of seeing someone improvise in front of your eyes, of exchanging with the artist and improvising yourself, with others, while being accompanied and supported in a friendly and suportive environment?
This is what I offer with the HOMEMADE CONCERTS, in a private, friendly setting, celebrating creativity.
The 1st part of the concert I play and improvise for you based on the energy of the public who can enter in the creative process at work by being spect-actor.
In the second part of the concert everyone – who is willing – is welcome to bring his or her own creativity by actively participating with spoken or sung voice, with any other instrument or in a 4 hands with me at the piano – even if you have never improvised or even played piano before. You can also bring a work of art – painting, sculpture, photo etc… – on which I will improvize.
The concert in its conventional form creates separation between the artist and the audience, widening the gap and creating frustration for those who dream of expressing their creativity and do not have the opportunity to do so.
What if you could experiment in an open, welcoming and non-judgmental environment, without pressure, without stakes or any idea of results, without any other objective than to freely offer your creative part in any form whatsoever, while being supported and encouraged?
The HOMEMADE CONCERTS creates this space.
It takes place in the intimacy of a private “home”, inviting people all sharing this attitude of openness, discovery, exploration and kind listening.
I accompany each and everyone in listening to what I play in the first part, and then in his or her participation – in whatever form it takes- if he or she feels the impulse. One can be a spect-actor all along, no obligation to participate otherwise than in this deep listening.
“I loooove the HOMEMADE CONCERTS , I wait for them like a little girl who has tasted the pleasure of a fair and who would like to go for another ride on the merry-go-round! Whether it’s listening to Frédérique improvise during the first part, or improvising with her during the second part or simply being there, receiving and listening to what’s going on… nothing is forced , we are taken as we are! These are such lively, joyful and also profound moments, which never cease to amaze me…! For the lovers of the simple and vibrant moment…” Sandrine/Anouk Chavenon
What happens during a HOMEMADE CONCERTS:
-> 1st part: solo piano & voice improvisation concert, offering a light on the way to approach improvisation in order to encourage and guide a deeper listening.
-> Break with a snack to relax, get to know each other and create an even more friendly atmosphere during which you can exchange with me, ask all your questions
-> 2nd part of the concert: participation of the public in the improvisation with:
– a written or improvised text on which I improvise
– a painting, photo, sculpture on which I improvise
– your favorite instrument with my accompaniment
– Singing with my accompaniment
– in a 4 hands at the piano with me
– by playing inside the piano with objects provided and adequate for the strings and the resonance box of the piano
– any other idea including dancing (depending on the number of people present because space is limited!) and painting on the spot while I improvise or while others improvise with me.
All this without any pressure of result in a joyful open spirit of exploration where everyone participates in the adventure and can come and add their grain of salt in the middle of the creation if the impulse happens once the improvisation has begun…
And if your field of predilection for improvising is more in the culinary department, we will welcome with great pleasure your dishe(s) for the pot luck, which will be as appreciated and applauded! 🙂
“In the first part, I listen, I let myself be carried away by the magnificent, unique and always renewed improvisations of Frédérique (piano, voice, percussions…) with multiple influences and inspirations… and I feel my appetite for music growing and I become a musician!
In the second part, I still listen, attentive to the budding explorations that some will dare and in my way I dare in my turn some improvised participations…we’re all able to dare with the kind solicitations and accompaniments of our host!
An original formula for the pleasure of listening, creating musical, and even to appropriate oneself the keys of creation, to live another relationship to music, to oneself and to the other… another world.” Alain Miossec
Don’t hesitate to contact me by email : firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information and/or to ask me to put you on the mailing list to be informed of the next dates of CONCERTS AT HOME.
Frequently asked questions :
– Is it a concert followed by a jam between musicians? NO, this evening is not intended for the participation of experienced or professional musicians (although they are welcome), but specifically tailored for those who do not have (enough) other opportunities to express their creativity, being supported and encouraged to do so.
– Is this a student audition? No, not either. The evening is open to anyone, whether they are my student or not, and it is not an opportunity to present a piece that you have learned for the occasion. (This kind of evening between students is proposed at some other occasion). It’s not about showing what you can do, but about sharing a creative adventure of improvisation in a ice atmosphere, relaxing and letting go.
– Is it mandatory to participate in the second part? NO, IT IS NOT! There is no obligation to participate other than in listening, which is already a participation, that’s why I speak of spect-actors.
– Can I invite friends? YES! provided that you explain the concept to them (directing them to this page is probably the easiest way) and make sure that they respect and understand this fundamental state of mind, which is the very reason for these events. Everyone can either forward the info to potential peeple or invite them to join in this celebration of creativity.
“There are in each of us little seeds of potential creations that are just waiting to germinate… all this takes time, a place to be in, an attentive and sensitive look.
The HOMEMADE CONCERTS that Frédérique initiates, offer this space where one can experiment, experiment under the kind glance of each one. Reading-Saying-Playing a few fragments of a poem, daring to share our voices, to put it to music in a collective soil and to make these small seeds of possibility germinate to open paths to dreams… Thanks to you, Fred, who makes this possible.” Véronique Miossec
You must register to come. email@example.com
– You can register on the mailing list to receive the dates of these events.
– After the concert we share a pot luck for which everyone brings a dish or a drink.
– There is a hat for a free (but necessary) financial contribution according to the impulse of the heart.
– The evening can be prolonged in the culinary and musical festivities but everyone is free to leave when he/she wants.
– It is possible to come only for a part of the concert, the 1st or the 2nd or a part of each, with the respect of going in or out between the pieces only.
TESTIMONY:“The HOMEMADE CONCERTS..
A treat for the ears…
Fred, at her piano, transports us to various universes.
Sometimes hypnotized, often electrified, the notes, chords, and harmonies invite us to dream!
Our imagination takes flight, lulling the soul throughout this magical journey.
What beautiful moments of sharing.
Kindness is the word of the day!
Then, all launch themselves, and become in their turn artists the time of a piece, of a text, of a song, and much more…
The exchanged energies give birth to desires, projects, new friendships.
All this is topped with good food, desserts and drinks, making this moment very friednly and cozy. AND IF THIS WAS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT! ” Natacha Hilaire
To join us, write to me :firstname.lastname@example.org